The role of a casserole in my house is that it’s an easy, delicious and portable dish for you and your family to enjoy or share. This flavorful casserole is perfect for the summer, being that squash and zucchini are in season. It’s nutritious, delectable and can serve as a main dish or side dish for any dinner, get together or BBQ.
What You’ll Need to Make Yellow Squash & Zucchini Casserole:
- 3 cups baby-spinach
- ¼ cup fat-free feta-cheese, crumbled
- 2 small yellow-squash, diced
- ¼ cup parmesan-cheese, grated
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried-basil leaves
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp ground black-pepper
- ½ tsp kosher-salt
How to Make Yellow Squash & Zucchini Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13″ casserole-dish using non-stick spray.
- Heat olive-oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the zucchini, spinach and yellow-squash.
- Cook squash for 5 minutes to wilt spinach and soften squash. Drain off excess liquid & put in a large mixing-bowl once cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients into mixing-bowl with the spinach mix. Blend well & spread the mixture in an even layer in the prepared casserole-dish.
- Bake for 40minutes or until top of casserole is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.