Everyone loves a good broccoli salad. It’s refreshing, crisp and crunchy, full of flavor and healthy (I mean, it’s broccoli, right?). This broccoli salad became one of my go-to recipes for this summer. The light honey mustard vinaigrette dressing brings out the broccoli’s best features and pairs perfectly with the cranberries and sunflower seeds. Plus, it’s much lighter and healthier than your classic broccoli salad that usually includes mayo and bacon.
Cranberry Broccoli Salad Ingredients:
- 1 pound broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
How to Make Cranberry Broccoli Salad:
- Combine the chopped broccoli, onion, cheese, sunflower seeds and cranberries into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and salt). Whisk until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in dressing. Letting the salad marinate for at least 20 minutes, or even overnight in the refrigerator will bring out the flavors.