Caesar salad has always been a favorite of mine. It’s a delicious option for your side, a fulfilling option as your meal and it’s always a crowd pleaser. One night I ordered this salad while out with friends, but the lettuce base was Kale… let’s just say this was a game changer. A couple of weeks later I decided I had to replicate this mouth watering salad, so I did! It’s so easy, healthy and pairs well with grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, or protein of your choice.
Kale Caesar Salad Ingredients:
- 6-8 cups chopped fresh kale (I buy the bagged kale – remove any stems)
- 1-2 cups of your favorite or homemade croutons
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Caesar Dressing (see recipe below)
Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3–4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons anchovy paste, to taste
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
How to Make Kale Caesar Salad:
- Add all ingredients for the caesar dressing, except milk, to a small mixing bowl. Stir together until combined and smooth.
- Add in one tablespoon at a time of milk to caesar dressing, until your desired consistency is met.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, croutons, Parmesan, and caesar dressing. Toss until combined and serve immediately.