It’s BBQ season! Grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, steak, ribs, veggies… the mouth-watering options are never ending. This chimichurri marinade is the perfect combination of seasonal summer flavors to add to your barbecue dish. It’s easy, flavorful and a recipe you’ll find yourself incorporating into your BBQ dishes for the remainder of the summer!
What You’ll Need to Make Chimichurri Marinade:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh flat parsley
- ¼ vinegar (I do half white wine and half red wine)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt (1 tsp for those who like extra salty!)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup EVOO
How to Make Chimichurri Marinade:
Depending on where you are and what type of equipment you have on-hand, there are several ways to prepare the marinade:
- You can mix all ingredients by hand but you need to chop the fresh ingredients finely.
- You can blend everything in a food processor if you prefer to keep the marinade a little chunky. My preferred method is blending in something high-speed (I use a Nutribullet) so that the marinated is thin, almost like a dressing.
Always marinate your meats for a minimum of 30 minutes. Chimichurri goes with anything – beef, pork, chicken, tofu. You name it! I love marinating boneless skinless chicken thighs and throwing them on the grill. This marinade is fresh, zesty and has the perfect kick – ideal for a summertime dish!